Monday, February 4, 2013

Busy Bee

So far this semester has been a little cray. With moving to a new housing set-up, adjusting to a new roommate, balancing out a new schedule, and figuring out how to deal with the MASSIVE amount of homework I have on a weekly basis, I've been kind of all over the place. But I've finally found some time (in my daily amount of procrastination) to sit and type up a long overdue blog post. Here is some info about my life.

I'm really enjoying my Philosophy class this semester. Between that, Psychology, and my Biblical Worldview class, I've been really challenged to delve into the world of critical thought. And it's a good world, my friends. The point kept coming up (from all these different people and quotes and sermons and things) that Christians have a tendency to avoid philosophical-type thought because they're too eager to get a career or they think it doesn't apply to them. But how are we supposed to evangelize to people who think that way if we aren't capable of doing the same thing?

And, catch up fact #2: I went into a temporary state of self-inflicted social isolation. By that I mean that I ate alone almost every day for two weeks, or I would hide behind the excuse of homework to avoid potentially awkward situations, or I wouldn't turn and get to know the random people that sometimes sit next to me in class (I still have a problem with that. I feel like I might for a while...). But this past weekend, I was actually around people, and I remembered how really nice it is to have friends. So hopefully I won't do that again. At least, not to the degree which I was doing it.

I think for now that's about it. Oh. A friend challenged me to do my devotions first thing in the morning. I've been successful about 75% of the time since the challenge was issued. And then some mornings (like today and yesterday) it just didn't quite happen. I'll let you know how that continues...

No comments:

Post a Comment