Monday, July 22, 2013

The Profundity of Packing

I think the following is a combination of listening to melancholy music, missing being at camp, and lacking proper amounts of sleep...

So I have off this week. And my mom and I have an agreement that I can leave straight from camp to go back down to school so long as I get all my packing and preparation done. Now, granted, it's only Monday but I haven't done much yet. I've been laying around, watching television and goofing off on the internet. I even started reading a book. A book that I've already read twice...

For once, I think I'm feeling the full force of this quote.
It's been a lazy few days since Saturday afternoon (that's when I got back home). There's a part of me that knows I should be psyched to go through the last two weeks and be on my way back to school. But there's another part of me that's just like "Where in the world did the summer go?" Like, it's already late July? Since when did time move by so quickly?

I feel like it's one of those times where I just want to sit and be introspective, but I really have nothing to be introspective about. In fact, this post will probably be lacking in razzmatazz because I'm just feeling sorta...blah.

Packing seems to bring out the emotional side of me. Whether it's excited packing (like the kind I did the night before camp started) or slow, thoughtful packing (like the kind I barely started today), I always seem to have to FEEL something while I'm packing. Like, it can't just be one of those silly, mindless tasks, like brushing my teeth or washing my hair. Nope. It's gotta be all INVOLVED and junk. Sigh. Whatever.

Maybe I just find it slightly disturbing when I have to put my life into boxes and ship it somewhere else entirely. Except, I've done it already so (in theory) I should be a pro. But maybe once isn't enough. Maybe I need more time to get used to the fact that I'm going into my SOPHOMORE YEAR of COLLEGE. I still get those starry eyes sometimes when I think back on my high school graduation and the first week or two of college. Crazy how fast life can go when you least expect it.

No comments:

Post a Comment